MOTHER MARS

MOTHER MARS
A character I am developing. She will observe the world from her unique vantage point.

WELCOME TO MY CREATIVE BLOG

MUSE TO THE RESCUE

MUSE TO THE RESCUE

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fixed Bayonets

The virgin day dawns icy
Blustery winds harangue
Glacial bullets find their mark
Aiming piecemeal at the trench line

As soldiers gone before me
I start from sleep’s cocoon
Helmet, weapon, Holy Bible
Crunchy footfalls o’er my head

Hail Mary, goodbye Mother
Trusty bayonet in place
I find purchase on the icy edge
Rushing headlong into Hell

Bullets flying, sabers flashing
Bombs bursting, blinding light
I fall back upon my feather bed
My beloved’s arms around me

Crimson patches mark the trench line
Brothers’ blood flows down like wine
The winter moon –the shepherd Lord
Peaceful meadow-dreams at last


All Rights Reserved , Fixed Bayonets copyright 2004 Jackie Marx .
(Incorporated into the musical drama: Rocket City! by Jackie Marx)
www.jackiemarx.com for more information

No comments: